The Bulldog Bulletin

Black Panther – REVIEW

Back to Article
Back to Article

Black Panther – REVIEW

Joey S., Reporter

Black Panther is a great movie that was made by Marvel. It is set shortly after Captain America Civil War.

The main character, T’Challa just came back to his country from fighting. He is becoming king, because his father had died when the UN meeting he was in was bombed.

T’Challa has to go through many ancient traditions so that he could become king. To become king, one of the trials that T’Challa must face is a battle with anyone else who is from the country that wants to fight him. He finishes this trial, but soon someone arrives in the country that claims that he has a right to challenge T’Challa. This challenger is actually able to challenge him, and when the challenge happens, the challenger wins.

Not too long later, a few loyal Wakandans try to save the country from the challenger, who wants to destroy everything the country stands for. They find out that T’Challa is still alive, and is just frozen. T’Challa comes back to finish his challenge, which can not be finished until he dies. There is a very long battle that starts between T’Challa’s forces and the challenger’s (Killmonger) forces. In the end Killmonger gets beaten by T’Challa. T’Challa gives Killmonger the option of surviving, but Killmonger denies this chance, saying that he would rather die than see the country not helping the people in need.

Black Panther was a very good movie. It had a very clear theme that was shown throughout the film, which is part of what makes a movie greater than average. This theme was equal rights, which is a completely relevant and good theme that should be shown, and it is great that they were able to show it through this movie.

Christopher Orr said on Rotten Tomatoes that ,“Whether or not this is the best film Marvel Studios has made to date-and it is clearly in the discussion- It is by far the most thought-provoking.” He agrees that this movie makes people think about the world and how not everyone is treated the same, even though they should be.

When a movie makes you think about things, that almost always means it was good, because it was clearly very well developed, and got their ideas across well. Not only this, but the plot of the movie was also very well developed, and was really good. There was a lot of adventure, and it was very exciting to watch.

It was a very fast-paced movie, and there was always something happening.  In my opinion, this makes it very interesting. It also is yet another stepping stone to Marvel’s “Avengers Infinity War,” in which the Black Panther (T’Challa) is involved. Infinity War is what Marvel has been building up to for years, and this movie is leading up to it, and introducing us to the Black Panther, and his history, so we will recognize him when he is in Infinity War. It was rated 7.7 out of 10 on IMBD. I would agree with this rating, if not an even higher rating, because of how great the theme, and the plot are in this movie.

Black Panther is a very good movie and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is trying to find a movie to watch. It has an excellent theme and the plot of the movie is very good. All in all it is another great movie from Marvel.

Black Panther film poster.jpg via en.wikipedia.org is used under Fair Use