The student news site of Lawrence Junior High School

The Bulldog Bulletin

• June 26Happy Summer, Lawrence!

• June 19Congratulations to Roll of Honor Recipients Lily C. and Trevor H.!

Review of ’13 Reasons Why’

Faith E.

The show, ‘13 reasons why’ has been controversial. In my opinion, the show is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone who likes a handful of drama in one show. It has many reviews from other people saying they like it also.

If you are interested in the show, it is on Netflix and there is only one season out so far, but the second season is coming out in 2018. The show is based on the book ‘Thirteen Reasons Why’ which was written in 2007, and both. The main characters are Hannah, Clay, Alex, Bryce, Justin, Tony, Zach, Tyler, and Jessica.

Many people liked the show a lot, but they had certain parts that they didn’t like as much. Adia M. had said she liked the characters, and how they actors acted, and she liked everything. Adia would change Hannah (the main character) dying.

I interviewed Bryanca L. and she said she liked the ending, and how talented the actors were. She didn’t like how Alex had died, and she would change how long it took Clay (another main character) to finish the tapes.

The last person I interviewed is Lauryn E. and she said she likes the ending and how interesting it was, but she didn’t like how Hannah died. She would change how graphic the whole show was. These three people that I interviewed almost had the same answers and they all liked the show and disliked the show in at least one way.

I have done more research and I found three websites that say many positive and negative effects about the show too. If you click here you can see where I am getting my first source of information. This website liked how powerful the storytelling was and how the show is affecting many people. They didn’t like how big of an impact it had on everyone who watched it, and they would change how graphic it was.

In the second link they had said how they liked how deep it gets into your feelings, and you start to feel bad for the characters. They also liked how it could affect you as if you were in the same situation, but they didn’t like how it encouraged kids that suicide is an option, and they would change how dangerous it is for kids to be watching.

The last link  had said they liked how the show handles time, how it’s a compelling show, and how great the characters are. They didn’t like how Hannah is an unreliable narrator and they would change adding more humor to it.

This show is well recommended for anybody who likes a lot of drama. I hope this review helped you to know what the show is about!

File:13 Reasons Why.png by Wikimedia Commons via Wikimedia.com is licensed under